Bokashi Composting!

Hi Soil Lovers!

My name is Morgan Coffinger, Founder of Bokashi Evolution (www.bokashievolution.com) based out of Tempe, AZ. For those of you that love Bokashi, EM, food waste fermentation, beneficial fungi and micro-organisms or want to learn more, I would love to connect/answer questions/brainstorm regarding soil remediation for our AZ soil on a large scale with compost.

If you or someone you know is interested in local, handmade with Love, Bokashi, or Kitchen Compost Kits I am happy to assist. I will be doing classes on Bokashi Composting, Soil Health, and Bioremediation options here in the Valley in the near future, as well as hold a booth at a farmers market (most likely Downtown PHX). In the meantime, I am back in Tempe and VERY excited to be a part of this incredible grassroots movement for a healthier planet through local food production and responsible waste management. Thank you VPA for your amazing classes and a big thank you to YOU! 

-Morgan 

1146255_420367261414046_2071005569_o.jpg

_99A1297.jpg

2013-08-22_16-57-04_870.jpg

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Nice Ricardo! I agree. We need to cultivate a relationship with what our own soil needs within our own garden space. I appreciate your input :)

• Ricardo and Catherine, thanks for pitching in on this. I think Ricardo's last sentence, above says it all.

Notwithstanding that, if someone can come close to a true scientific experiment on growing plants with and without using it, it'd be great to see it. As Ricardo indicates, there's always going to be something just a little different between the specimen being grown in Bokashi-supplemented soil and the control, but I think an acceptable home garden experiment could be tried. I keep meaning to do that...if I actually ever do, I'll let you all know! One thing I can say is that my strawberries love being planted over fermented Bokashi/food waste.

• Ricardo, thank you for your thoughts, I appreciate that.

This reply was deleted.