What's wrong with my tomatoes and peas?

Hello...I live in NE Scottsdale about Shea and Frank Lloyd Wright. I just strated gardening here in AZ in Fall. I had quite a few peas coming until about the last week when they all started to turn yellow and then brown and now have shriveled up. It's not like they got too hot and burned, but it's almost like they became weak. Too much water? Needed fertilizer? Or maybe I gave them too much fertilizer? I had at least 40 plants about 4" - 18" tall. All are bad now except for maybe 6. Any advice?I also have two tomatoe plants that are doing great. Full of tomatoes that are starting to turn ripe. However, as of a few days ago, one of the plants has leaves that are drying up, turning yellow and brown. I did discover some flies in the dirt below. Is that the problem? Something else?Please help....Thanks!

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi,
    I just went to the coop site (http://ag.arizona.edu/pubs/garden/mg/pathology/onion.html and http://ag.arizona.edu/pubs/garden/mg/pathology/tomato.html#tomato)

Here's the pea info that seemed to match (the tomato info was too complex to include):

Plants stop producing pods; leaves turn yellow, then brown and die
    • Hot weather
    • Peas are cool season vegetables: plant early in spring; plant heat resistant varieties
    • Root rot (several fungi)
    • Rotate; plant in well drained soil; remove old plant debris
    • Fusarium wilt (fungal disease) • Resistant varieties; rotate; remove old plant debris
    Yellowish areas on leaves; blister- like ridges on undersides of leaves and on pods; pod distortion
    • Pea enation mosaic virus
    • Resistant varieties; weed control; insect control; remove affected plants
    Light-colored leaf veins; rosetting of shoot tips; plants stunted with poor pod set
    • Pea stunt virus
    • Weed control; insect control; remove affected plants

Denise
This reply was deleted.