Community Garden

Hey guys, I am interested in taking a vacant lot downtown and seeing what it would take to make a community garden out of it. Is there anybody with previous experience out there that could give me some start up tips?

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Doreen,
    This weekend I will be out of town camping on Mount Lemmon. Please keep me in mind tho for the future, as I am usually home and available on the weekends. I live on Monte Vista between 7th & 10th. It sounds like we may be close neighbors, mayhap I have seen you on my walks/biking/walking to and fro the bus :)
  • I live in Coronado, and would be more than happy to help in any way.
    nickelsalsa@gmail.com
  • Hi Doreen,
    This sounds very exciting! I'm really interested in getting involved and helping out in any way that I can - it sounds fun! Let me know what I can do to help.

Lisa

480-620-6053
    Lisa.A.Taylor@asu.edu
  • Hi Doreen! this is soooo exciting! I would love to be involved in getting this started. let me know what you need and when and will be your Girl Friday :) many, many congratulations! ~ Heather
  • Hello, i am very much interested in being apart of the community/urban gardening project. I won't be able to make the meeting. however, i would like to be informed.
    --
    Juanita
    480-238-9924

• Hi guys, If you need any extra hands, let me know - I'd love to help out. I don't know a lot about gardening in AZ, but I'm learning :). And I always like an excuse to play in the dirt.

Lisa
    lisa.a.taylor@asu.edu
  • I have very little experience but will gladly lend my two hands and my time. I'm actually starting my own container garden on my balcony in Copper Square and am researching like crazy. I'd love to get some hands on experience.

melinda_snyder@hotmail.com
  • Greetings - Heather and Doreen - I live in Coronado also and have talking some folks on the Coronado Neighborhood Association on plans to get community gardens going in Coronado once again- There's the lot behind the probation office and also Emerson Elementary School in Coronado wants to start a garden there too- and has teachers ready to help (I believe Emerson has irrigated land) -
    So there seems to be some good interest in the Coronado area - :) Doreen I am in to help to revitalize the garden behind the Probationers office :) Let me know how I can help...Heather I am down to help you on your lot too- wherever I can learn and be of service :)

Blessings
    Hari Gopal Kaur
    harigopalkaur@yahoo.com
  • Hi Heather, You can use my front yard. It's on 15th Ave just North of Indian School. It's probably 20' x 40' at least. Lots of river rock that needs to go and I think there is a way to get the irrigation to that area. Some shade from a pepper tree but unfortunately it is western facing. I think we could build up a large burm right on 15th Ave and incorporate some sort of screen/shade.
  • That would be fabulous Doreen :) When would be a good time for me to pick your brain? I haven't heard from anyone else on this but am thrilled that you might be interested. this is something that I have been dreaming about for a long time. Thanks, Heather dithyramber@yahoo.com
This reply was deleted.