Waking this group up!!!!!

Hello Every one!!! I am new to this area but have dived head first and thought being in this group would be more productive than it is. How many folks have an Aquaponics system, what size stock tank, what are you using for the stock tank and for grow beds? Lets start talking more about what we are doing, it would help me out. I see there is a guy that has a business but I am a do it my self kind of guy, but we do have that resource. 

Please help with this project and in doing so I hope to see classes, or meet up start up down the way. I know they have given classes in the past but this needs to be growing. With the food stores closing down around us every day, and all the GMO crap out there. Thanks for tanking the time to read this, writing is not my area so I apologize.

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I've got a small indoor system that is kind of the experimental proof of concept for us while trying to figure out where to put a larger outdoor system.  Our yard is both shady and not very big, so it's a difficult puzzle to figure out.  I've been very happy with my mini- system, but since we are indoors, pests have been a reoccurring issue.  I finally let ladybugs free in my house to eat aphids and now have little ladybug larvae as a part of the system.  Pretty cool, my 2 yr old loves it!  Here is a link to the posts about it:

http://www.phoenixpermaculture.org/group/aquaponics/forum/topics/mi...

All I can say is that this tiny system pumps out lettuce like crazy.  Love that.  But it does not have enough filtering power to clean the water totally, so my outdoor wicking bed and container gardens get regular fish tank water applications and are very appreciative.  Also, I gave away all but 4 of the tilapia so the bottom tank is at a much lower and more appropriate stocking density.  The mini system was going to be a breeder tank for an outdoor system, someday.... we'll see.

• Hi Dennis, 

We also gove classes from time to time here in the North Valley. We are in the business, but our main goal is education and we love to tech about aquaponics. We will have another class very soon, so keep an eye out here. 

We are running an IBC system here at home, as well as many other systems that we have installed across the country. We are currently installing an 8 bed system in an inner-city school in PA. As well as a commercial 10,000 sqft system. 

The IBC system is a great way to go, if you are renting you can do a small single bed system on a budget that is fairly easy to move. As for the uni-seals . online is best, but go as large as you can. We use 1inch for all feed lines, and 2 inch for most drain lines. The bigger the better for draining IMHO.. If you need anything lets us know. We also breed the blue tilapia. Feel free to reach out for any advice! Welcome!!

• Hi Dennis....I get my uniseals from bulkreefsupply.com (they are under the 'plumbing' tab), just FYI.

• 5022031884?profile=originalmetro tech has a small system that i can describe if your interested

5022032062?profile=original

• Bryan, how big is the system the students built (or are building)? Aquaponics is a fantastic learning tool for students!

• Hi Sheri Ciso Mascia set us up with:

(1) active fish tank is 85" in diameter / 650 gallons

(1) particle filter

(1) biological filter

there are currently (2) grow beds 8' X 2' X 18"

5022465484?profile=original

• Can you post a link to the site, please?

This reply was deleted.