New AP system at my place

Well, its mostly finished.  Those of you who have been to my place know I have an AP system in my front yard, based on a jacuzzi and a converted raised bed.  Its been working for about a year and a half.  So the new system is in the backyard, based on the 8x2 stock tank that I had for my micro livestock.  The water is very green, in part from the duck poop.  Since I am running a pump in there anyway, seemed like the perfect place to experiment.  It still needs more lava rock and an electrician to remove the neck height hanging extension cords, and plants.  I will be trying different plants to reduce the feed bill for the goats.  Have bamboo cuttings in, will try pre-sprouting barley and wheat seeds and growing them out in the bed.  Visitors are welcome.

5020404900?profile=original5020405075?profile=original5020404680?profile=original

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Very cool! I am planning to do aquaponics at our place but need to see some in person first
  • Nice Liz!!  I'd definitely like to visit.  What are the best days/times for you??  I'm pretty open, my 'job' is my urban farm.  Though I've been doing some volunteering at various places.  FYI..we 'aquapons' have a good forum-type group called Arizona Aquaponics that you'd like...it's on http://www.aquaponicscommunity.com, click on groups to find us.  

Chris George 3rdAcreFarm/Scottsdale

This reply was deleted.