Greetings. This is in follow up to an earlier conversation regarding freshwater prawns in aquaponics, and thanks to Rachel for her suggestion we post this to the group. In summary we would like to provide freshwater prawns (Macrobrachium rosenbergii) to aquaponic farmers that use floating beds for the plants and tilapia in the tanks.  We are interested in seeing how well they will do under the beds and if they would be a viable crop for local producers. The size of the system large or small is of less concern than the culture method that is used. We will provide the prawns and expertise at NO cost. That’s it.  We expect to have some prawns available in the next month so if you are interested, let us know. Ok, lets hear the questions.

DrB

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Excellent. Thank you. Running today. Back later with a more complete response. Look forward to working with you.

DrB

• Thank you too.  I am looking forward to it as well.

Steven!

• I am interested in raising prawns under floating beds.  I am still in the development stage, but I am ready to build beds for this purpose.  I have not been able to locate any prawns and was about to order red claw crayfish instead.  Please let me know what I need to do to participate in this experiment.

Thank you,

Steven!

This reply was deleted.