Looking for Breeder fish

Hello folks I started my first Aqauponics unit this weekend, its a 646gal. above ground pool. I have a 55gal. tank in side set up for Tilapia but I cant locate any place selling breeders or even females. I would like to get 5 females and 1 male for the breeder tank and stock the pool with all males. I have read on how to i.d. the females by adding a small dab of dye on the rears locating the two holes for the females and the males have one. Does any one know where I can locate the breeder fish? I also am going to set up a 1000+gal pool for catfish in a month or so I will be looking for catfish breeding fish as well? Please help

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Very good question, can't believe there hasn't been any responses.  I just spent 20 minutes googling and had almost no success .... unless you want to eat guppies...

• I have Nile tilapia fry ready to go.   They are mixed sex for $1 a head, tails included, they grow very fast in a large tank.

Sorry no breeding pairs ready at this time.

I can help you set up or build a healthy reliable aquaponic system from the ground up.  I do maintenance and vacation visits too.  3 years of aquaponic systems experience.  References available.

I'm in Scottsdale just off the Pima 101 freeway at Chaparral

Jim Troyer

Oasis Aquaponics

203.698.2626 cell/text

• Do you still have any available? Thanks
      Kate a newbie
    • I sure do, and they got bigger!  call or text me...

I always throw in some duckweed to get you going.

I have more fish on the way, a great deal on fish food and I'm a great source for composting worms.

Jim in Scottsdale

203.698.2626 cell/text

This reply was deleted.