Aquaponics Intro Class and Open House 3/23 1-3pm

Hi everyone, 

I posted this in the community events forum last week, but thought I should cross post here as well. 

Please join us at 1:00-1:30pm on March 23rd for an intro to aquaponics class, followed by an open house, and general discussions. We wanted to invite everyone to come see a simple IBC Tote system in action and get some hands on experience. Come anytime from 1-3pm, and RSVP to me at dkupper@ecopodgardens.com for the address in the far north valley. We will also have a few other Aquaponic and Hydroponic systems set-up to see. Ask Questions, and have fun!!

Don

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I wish I had seen this earlier, Don! We should get together and compare notes...help each other to grow, and aquaponics to grow, too!

• Sheri, 

we would love that, It was nice to see you over the weekend at the expo. I think I handed out all your cards. I do need to find some more duckweed, after I lost all of ours from an overflow I knew was coming and thought I could wait to fix. Looks like the Algae in the tank is starting to take over, so I will need to clean it and add enough to combat it, 

• Yes, it was good to see you. Thanks for passing out the cards.
      We have duckweed. Too bad you're WAY up there! :)  We had a duckweed die-off when the weather changed, which caused a bunch of clogging and resulting overflows, but it's back to growing nicely again & things are under control again. Weather changes always seem to bring work. :) 

• Hello everyone, 
    We just wanted to send out a quick reminder and some contact information. The "Intro to Aquaponics" class will be held at out home located at 37411 N 20th St. Phoenix, AZ 85086. This is in the far north valley. for those coming from Phoenix take I-17 or Cave Creek Rd. North to Carefree Highway (74) and head to 16th street. Take 16th North to Joy Ranch Rd. and go East to 20th st. Head South on 20th St until it turns to a dirt rd, then make a left. We are the second home on the left. You should see our sign. Please take my cell number 602-617-9045 with you just in case you get lost. 
    I have also attached a link to google maps here: 
    The class is at 1:00pm and will be about 30 min long. Please feel free to stay and ask questions!! The open house is from 1:00 to 3:00pm
    We look forward to meeting everyone!!
    • Hi Don - is there any other time you've scheduled to have folks view your system?  Thanks for any info.

• Sheryl, we will be doing another class soon, it will be an early or later class due to the heat. However if you want to make the trek up, we are around most evenings and weekends, and love to show people the system, the mini farm, and teach all we can about Aquaponics. Just let us know and you are always welcome. 

• Thanks, Don, that's very kind of you.  I actually live just south of you, 19th Ave/Happy Valley area, so not a long drive.  Is there any particular time that is more convenient for you than others?

• Just give us a call (or email dkupper@ecopodgardens.com) a day or two in advance. We will be around this Sunday, but the greenhouse has some projects going on, and you will have to pardon our construction and experiments. 

This reply was deleted.