Harvest Data from 2010 storms...?

I would be very much interested in any harvest data from those of you currently collecting it in the valley. Please include the size of your catchement (i.e. approximate size of your roof) and the gallons collected for January's storms and this months storms... This will aide greatly in the case I continue to make to the ivory tower... Thank you!

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Oh Boy...well,
    I have a total roof catchment of ~2611 square ft. Of which I actively harvest ~1997 square feet. I have over 1000 gallons worth of storage (tanks) so those have been full and overflowing since the first of the year. ALWAYS think overflow!! I also put the water from 350 square feet into my French Drain that feeds a Velvet Mesquite and the soil.

Lets see now, I have gotten 4.87 inches of rain so far this year (I love RainLog.com). so on 2000 square feet of roof, that equals about 1100 gallons per inch for a grand total of 5,357 gallons of actively stored and distributed high quality, low mineral, free, responsable H2O, give or take a few hundred. NOW, that doesn't count all of the rain that fell on my property and ended up going into sunken beds and mulched basins!

So to put it into action, I have not needed to use city water on any of my plantings since probably november (we had a bad monsoon remember!) and I have quite a bit of food and such growing. Too much to list here without being annoying. I've even managed to keep my small little winter lawn going strong since it got established!
    Hope this helps with the "Ivory Tower" ...what is that by the way? Significant other?
    Create Your Own Oasis!

P.S. cool spelling of your name
    http://RainLog.com/
  • Go to Rainlog.org
    • HEHE! omg that was awesome. Thanks Chris. Lol
    • Thanks! As always you guys come through with great info and personal testimony.
  • One inch of rain on 1,000 sq. ft. of roof you can potentially collect 600 gallons of water.
    I would recommend checking out www.harvestingrainwater.com for great info on this subject.
    This link talks specifically about calculations.

Brad Lancaster's 2 books are a must read on the subject!
This reply was deleted.