Start of Rain Barrel System

You have inspired us to start a rain barrel system and the first one is in place in our front courtyard! We had a huge run-off problem in at our front door and we are hoping this will take care of it and provide for the front plants at the same time. We plan to add two more to the back yard so our total water harvest capacity will be 165 gallons. Brad said the gutters were a little tricky because he had to allow for the weight of the water and he couldn't slip them under the shingles, the shingles would not bend up. We did a test run with the hose and discovered some leaks, even after "gooping" the system, so we are working on that. Thank goodness for my handyman husband - we are anxiously awaiting another storm ;0)

DownSpout&Barrel.jpg

DownSpout.jpg

GutterSpout.jpg

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The barrel is full! We had a storm a few days ago and the system is holding up and my walkway is dry - double bonus. We are hoping to be able to place the 2 in the back soon although we decided to wait for one more rain so we can be sure of the placement. It has really helped us to go out during the rainstorm and plot out where they need to be.
  • Nice sneaky little tie down on the end of the gutter to keep it in place!
  • One more picture

Spigot.jpg

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/5018360088?profile=original
This reply was deleted.