Sustainability Book Club - BIG CHANGES!

Due to a lack of interest in the book club plus the fact that I have to drive 200 miles round trip to get to the Downtown Market I will be bowing out of the "facilitator" position effective immediately. If there are any members willing to step up and take the helm please reply to this post. There are a couple of possible options: (1)one person take over completely; handle the online portion (such as I have been doing) and lead at the in-person meetings or (2) a different person takes over each month -thus sharing the responsibilities.If there are people interested in doing online discussions I would be more than happy to either lead these or participate and let someone else lead.In the meantime I have a long list of books which I want to read during the holiday break from school - among them will be "Fast Food Nation" and "Depletion and Abundance".Best wishes to all during this holiday season -Lindy

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Count me in. Are we supposed to read "Fast Food Nation"? (What if I like fast food?)

I am open to anything online.

I appreciate your efforts, Cindy
    • Hi Cindy - Yes, we'll read Fast Food Nation for Jan. and do the discussion online. Perhaps after you read it you'll have a different perspective on fast food. :-D

Lindy
  • Hi Chris - Yes, we will do the discussion right here on the ning Permie site.

Lindy
  • I've talked to Judy Tobar and it looks as though we will begin an online discussion of "Fast Food Nation" in January. If anyone wants to join in we will post our discussion in this group.

Chris - I do understand what you are saying but no one has come forth to take over as leader - do you want the job? :-D

I think what has happened is people are more interested in the hands-on workshops and classes being offered through the PHX Permie Guild - and rightfully so. I would definitely choose a hands-on workshop over a sit down book discussion given the choice and I am a true bibliophile.

We'll give the online discussion a chance and see what happens.

Lindy
  • Lindy,
    Clearly there is a lack of interest in the book club. I know how disappointing it must be for you to drive 100 miles only to find one or two people showing up. I feel that disappointment and I only have to drive about 20 miles and I complain bitterly about it! Anyway, I like the idea of an online discussion. Maybe there would be more participation if people didn't actually have to get out and drive to it?? Any other thoughts from anyone??
    Happy Holidays!
    Judy
This reply was deleted.