Stolen chickens!!! Please help. May be at a rescue

On Friday June 21, 2013, 12 hens were "rescued" from my backyard against my authority. 5124 E. Avalon Dr Phoenix AZ. I would really like my chickens back. We were on vacation and a neighbor was caring for the hens. Two days later they were gone. My landlord came by and saw we weren't home. She called a rescue to pick them up and won't tell me who she contacted. Has anyone picked up chickens in Arcadia area? Please contact me if you know of any chicken rescues in the area.

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The chickens HAVE been located and are now being cared for by a foster family until I return from my vacation tirned nightmare. thanks to everyone for the help with the great chicken caper. Our delusional, mastermind criminal landlord gave them up after threats from the law and media involvement. The hand-off was dramatic with her kids and a weepy eyed goodbye. TOO BAD! Get your own damn chickens, lady.
    I feel like I can't win. I lived with neighbors that hated them and a city (Chandler) that outlaws them. I move to Phoenix, where its legal and the neighbors love them; go on vacation and the landlord steals them!!!
    I'm just glad they are back. They being loved, fostered safe and sound till I get back in Phoenix. Needless to say I'm looking for a new home. Chicken friendly NO crazy landlords please!
    • Several houses for rent off of 40th and Nancy, my friend lives in that neighborhood and has chickens

• I would take legal action against her.

What..   a...    cow!

• Oh wow!  She stole them!?  Unbelievable!

• The landlady was keeping them for herself?  What a loser... it's not like you can't buy chickens for "next to nothing!"  Sheesh!  And I would be looking for a new home, too.  I hope you find a good one! :-)

• What Cynthia said - what a nutcase!

• Bumping this up - I learned from an outside source that the chickens have been located and are being fosterd by a friend of the owner.

• Any updates?

• Community Legal Services may be able to legally assist you while you network.

http://www.clsaz.org/site/

• A letter on a lawyer's stationery to your landlord may be enough to force him to tell you where they are and would only be a nominal fee.

This reply was deleted.