Juicer Pulp

Hello, My friend with the peach tree has now bestowed upon me two bags of Anna apples.  I juiced most of them and would like to find a good recipe for using the apple pulp.  What do you foodies do with juicer pulp?  Especially fruit pulp.  I did find one recipe that sounds yummy:

Carrot Apple Ginger Juice

Makes 2-3 servings.

• 6 medium carrots, peeled and trimmed
  • 5 crisp apples (such as Granny Smith), peeled, cored, and quartered
  • 1 small knob of ginger, peeled

Juice all ingredients and pour into glasses for serving.

Tea cake time

Now you are ready and have plenty of pulp to make the tea cakes.

These little cakes have a delicious, spicy, ginger flavor and lots of fiber from the carrot and apple pulp. Adding chocolate mini-chips is a good way to distinguish them as a mid-afternoon treat rather than a breakfast, and makes them perfectly sweet.

This recipe is a simple “muffin method,” which means that all the dry ingredients are mixed together in one bowl, while the wet ingredients (minus the pulp) are mixed in another, before combining everything together and folding in the pulp and chocolate chips. I like to enjoy one or two of these toasted along with a cup of green or black tea to ward off the afternoon slump.

Carrot Apple Ginger Tea Cakes

• 2 cups carrot/apple/ginger pulp
  • 1½ cups flour (all purpose or whole wheat pastry, or a combination)
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • ½ teaspoons cinnamon
  • ¼ cup sugar
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1¼ cups milk or rice/soy milk
  • ¼ cup canola oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • mini dark chocolate chips (optional)
  1. Preheat the oven to 400°F, and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
  2. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and sugar in a large bowl and stir with a whisk or a fork.
    In a smaller bowl, combine oil, milk and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and gently combine, being careful not to over mix. Fold in the pulp and chocolate chips, if using.
  3. Scoop into muffin tins and bake for 18-22 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, before removing tea cakes to a cooling rack to cool completely

From Foodthinkers by Breville

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• OK, it's quiet around here, on the board, so I went ahead and made the muffin recipe and it's very good.  Dense.  We didn't much like the chocolate chips, made them too sweet, not what I'm looking for in this recipe.  So I tried dried tart cherries - excellent, added some rough chopped pecans.  I ended up with enough apple mash for 4 rounds of 12 muffins each.  They should freeze well.

I'm experimenting with apple leather, it's drying in the sun now.  Since we're expected to ping 110 degrees this week, that should be finished fairly quickly.   ;-)

It's been a kitchen-intensive weekend for sure!

This reply was deleted.